Saturday 29 December 2012




Mud and rain is the best way to describe 2012, with two 24 hr races two 12 hr and a 4 hr it was a quiet year for me. Fatherhood, work, holidays and life in general has been mental busy and i did what i could, but with a few good results and lots of experience gained its been a pretty good year on, and off, the bike.

                                                                    Strathpuffer

I finished 4th after a real battle against myself. The weather was wet, muddy, cold and all round miserable! Although i am disappointed not to have bettered my 2011 performance, i was happy to have finished. This was the hardest race all year!

                                                             European 12 hr Champs

 7th this year - which is pretty strong. I was not in the best shape but i  rode well and actually had loads of fun.  This race was probably the one i enjoyed the most and i cant wait to race again next year at Wasing Park


Mountain Mayhem

It rained and rained AND rained a lot.  This for me was an awesome race, i loved it. Never have i been so muddy and tired and still  happy to ride. It was not about having skills, it was all mental, it was about keeping going. I was gutted not to podium but was happy with 4th.





                                                                      Dusky Valley 12

12 hr race 30 mins from my house!! Perfect! I have won this event in the past but this year i had to settle for 2nd  after leading the race for around 8 hrs. Still 2nd is good, and the competition was pretty high. I would love to see more people doing this event as its a great race and great course.

Brass monkey rd 1

A 4 hr race is not something that i usually do but i needed to do more to make me a better all round rider. So i headed to Aldershot in an optimistic frame of mind. I commute around 25-30 miles a day, so this was my training for this event. After a good start i started to fade and within 2 laps i had lost any sort of form and just tried to finish. Eventually i came over the line in 15th position (not bad for a long distance rider).


1 comment: